Discipleship resources, including information on our worship services.
We Believe: The Creeds of the Church
A set of outlines and in-depth handouts on the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed, arranged for a five part series.
- A Comparison of the Apostles’ Creed and Nicene Creed
- Part One: The Origins and Functions of the Creeds
- Part Two: One God, the Father, The Almighty
- Part Three: We believe in Jesus Christ
- Part Four: We believe in the Holy Spirit
- Part Five: One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Foundations of Christian Ethics
- Christian Ethics Summary
- Christian Ethics Intro
- Christian Ethics Law
- Christian Ethics Purposes
- Christian Ethics Relationships
- Christian Ethics (marriage)
- Christian Ethics (life and death)
- Christian Ethics (war)
Episcopalians Among other Christians
A survey of Christian diversity, taking a roughly chronological outline of the development of historic denominations. Also includes a comparison based on the priorities and feel of their worship services.
A handout and report based on the Anglican cliche of “Scripture, Tradition and Reason.”
A brief overview of worship services of the Eucharist, the Daily Office, and occasional liturgies.
The Whys of Worship
Handouts on What Christians do on Sunday mornings and why we do it
(with an emphasis on the liturgy of the Episcopal Church).
- The Purpose of Worship
- What do you Expect? Sorting out Assumptions and Expectations of Worship
- Where did this come from? The Historical Development of Liturgy
- The Sacraments of Baptism and the Eucharist
- Gear for Worship (what is all that odd stuff with the strange names?)
- A Walk Through the Sunday Service at St. Peter & St. Paul.
- Outlines: The Book of Common Prayer and other Rites of the Church