5 & 2 Hunger Ministry
The 5&2 Hunger Ministry was founded in 2003 to help alleviate hunger in Cobb County by supporting local families with their food needs. Just in the past year we have donated $1500 to Cobb County Meals on Wheels and Center for Family Resources, provided 150 lunch size bags of food for members of Holy Comforter and provided $750 in Kroger and Publix Gift cards to help members in our own Church. We plan to donate $1500 of food to MUST Ministry for their Food Pantry. We also hold two food drives a year and have a food barrel in the Parish Hall lobby area throughout the year.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Bring non-perishable food items for our food barrels by the parish hall doors (for MUST Ministries Food Pantry).
- Buy Publix and Kroger gift cards that you can use to buy groceries.
- We make a 3% margin on these sales (cash or check only, please), which we use to support Cobb County Meals on Wheels, MUST Ministries, and families in
- need within our community. The Grocery gift cards are available in increments of $25, $50, $100 & $200.Help make lunches for the MUST summer lunch program (Sundays in June).
- Link your Kroger Plus Card to benefit St. Peter & St. Paul (see below for the procedure).
For more information, contact Rich Walker at email@example.com.
Instructions on how to link your Kroger Plus Card to benefit St. Peter & St. Paul:
Kroger has implemented another program called Kroger Community Rewards. Every time you use your Kroger Plus card, a portion of your purchase will come to the 5&2 Hunger Ministry. If you have previously enrolled, it is time to re-enroll (required annually).
- Log into their web site http://www.krogercommunityrewards.com
- Have your Kroger Plus card handy to register your card. If you do not have a Plus card, you can pick one up at any Kroger Customer Service desk.
- Click on Sign in (if you have already have an on-line account) or Create A New Account. You will use your email address and create a password. Enter your zip code, select a store and agree to the conditions. You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link.
- Click on My Account and log in, using your email and password.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards Information and enter your Kroger Plus Card Number.
- Enter St. Peter and St. Paul’s Number 39706 then click save.
That’s it! Quick and easy! Kroger will donate money to our 5&2 Hunger Program every time you use your Plus card, up to $8000 per quarter. If you have any questions, please contact Rich Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.